Sketchbook Work

Sketchbook Front Cover
This is my sketchbook front cover, here I did a collage using some basic matierals such as masking tape and note paper, and the 'fist in the air' idea image was taken from a game called Bioshock. I like the simple design I have used here I think the black background is what makes the image stand out.


 Keith Haring Artist Research
This is one of my pages featuring one of my favorite designers Keith Haring, the reason I admire him and his work is the simplicity of the designs, and how effective they are, in fact it was his style that influenced me and helped me in the 'Self' project.


 Keith Haring Influenced Piece
On the opposite page I reproduced some of his works in my own style, I created the one eyed figure as part of the 'Self' project, the biggest influence was Keith Haring, but he wasn't the only influence, I used some of the designs I produced over summer to help me.


Jasper Johns Influenced Piece
This piece was produced in the style of Jasper Johns however, once again I wanted to introduce my own style and media expoloration into it, so rather than just copying his piece, I wanted to try collage as the background then roughly painting the flag on top.


 'Yes/No' comic strip
This piece was a part of my 'Collections' project, in which we had to bring in some of own memorbillia then use them to create some designs. In this case I brought in an 8 ball, and I thought it would be interesting to create a simple comic strip around it, I used coloured fine writers and wash on this piece.


'Look After Yourself' Collage 
This piece was created using the Design Council magazine, and because of the images within the magazine it creates an interesting collage, I called it 'Look after yourself' after most of the images in the magazine were of love and other elements of 'Self', which tied in completely with the 'Self' project.


Jim Dine Influenced Piece
Jim Dine had a slight obsession with Pinocchio, and so I had to choose someone or something I was obsessed with as a basis for the design. At the time it was the Joker, and I wanted to replicate a piece using the Joker but in a Jim Dine style. I drew the Joker, and then I had to decide on what words or quote I would use to surround him, I printed out a list of all his best quotes but in the end I decided the symbol of the Joker is the traditional "Hahaha", and then as a final touch to really get the Jim Dine style, I burned the edges of the pages.