Self Project Summer A5 Designs

 The Dark Knight and Toy Story A5 Designs
At the time I was obsessed with the Joker and over the summer I watched it about 3 times, so I decided to do a A5 based on the Joker and I included one of my favorite quotes from the film as well as one of my favorite scenes in which he reveals the Joker card. The A5 on the right was based on the film Toy Story 3 which I watched in summer, I created this by drawing Woody on tracing paper then I created the background as clouds, I did this so that it purposely gives off a sad effect because to me Toy Story was relatively sad. 


 
 Carribbean Party and Blackpool Bike Ride A5 Designs
The A5 design on the right was based on a Caribbean Themed party I attended in Majorca in summer, I had to wear a dreadlock wig, and later when I saw the picture of me taken I thought this would be a good design if I fused it with Caribbean colours. The design on the opposite side was based on the bike ride I completed from Warrington to Blackpool, I decided to do this in black and white colours because the weather was awful and I had never done anything like this before and it was tiring.


Simples? and Family Tree A5 Design
The idea for the Alexander from Comparethemarket.com ontop of newspaper headings, actually just popped into my head whilst I was having breakfast, I had the paper in my hands and I was reading about 100 people dying in some kind of accident, and then when he said "Simples" at the end of the ad, the idea just appeared. Where as the Family Tree design was based on me trying to show people what the company I worked for, but because my family owns the company I thought it would be a good idea to collage it, personally I feel this was effective, I collaged this using leaflets from my company.



 Raoul Moat and Flamingo Land A5 Design 
Raoul Moat was big news in the summer, and after hearing that he had an appretiation group on Facebook, this inspired me to do a piece on him, originally I was going to do his face on tracing paper then underneath have the words "Facebook loves me" in a 'bloody' type face, but then I thought a collage of basically what he did ie-Newspaper headlines as a background proved more effective. The Flamingo Land design on the right was the first A5 I produced out of my 20, this was quite a simple design I stuck the map of Flamingo Land to a A5 peice of card, and then I coloured pieces of the squares I cut out from another leaflet, painted them pink, black, and white, then I stuck them down using a mosaic style.